This property is no longer available.Search for Available Property.
Acres: 9,105 ACRES
Price: $1,785.00 per acre
Animal Units: Approximately 1,000 cows
Location: South Central Oklahoma, Johnston County, 100 miles southeast of Oklahoma City, 145 miles north of Dallas, TX, 25 miles south of Ada, Oklahoma on US HWY. 377.
Comments: The Blue River Ranch is famous for its strong native grasses and the clear Blue River and its West Blue Creek or Little Blue River as some call it. In this area of Oklahoma are some 50,000 acres of the well known limestone ranches producing the famous native grasses of Oklahoma that are very high in protein. The Big Bluestem, Little Bluestem, Indian and Switch are the tall native grasses of Oklahoma and, along with several shorter varieties, increase the density and carrying capacitiy of this well known ranch. A 38" average annual rainfall keeps the grasses coming throughout the long growing season. The abundance of water on this ranch is very appealing to the cattleman and sportsman. Several drilled wells and miles of underground water lines supply fresh water to most of the pastures along with 1-2 ponds in each pasture. The Headquarters are not overly improved, yet, have 3 hired hand houses, a guest bunkhouse; the main house sits about 3 miles south of the Headquarters in the east central portion of the ranch. The working pens, traps and scales make sorting, weighing and shipping cattle very easy. The state of the art 12 stall horse barn, with large office and unique tack room, and riding arena are a real plus for the ranch. The Blue River Ranch is an outstanding ranch located in South Central Oklahoma and is known by cattlemen throughout many states.
There are 2 gravel pits located on the ranch that are used for the maintainance of the ranch roads but have the capacity to be sold commercially.
Improvements: • Approximately 4,000 sq. feet owners' home with four bedrooms, 3 baths and a two car garage. The home has been completely renovated in keeping with the period architecture. The exterior is beautiful native limestone. There is a large walk-in game cooler.
• 2nd home (called "The Bunkhouse") is a 2 bedroom one bath home that has been completely renovated in a unique rustic western theme. This home is used as a guest house.
• 3rd home is native limestone, 2 bedroom, 1 bath, completely renovated and used by the ranch cowboy.
• 4th home is a vintage older home that has not been renovated.
• 5th home is a dbl wide practically new mobile home the ranch manager is currently living in.
• 6th home is a single wide mobile home, 2 bedroom, one bath.
• 12 stall horse barn, unique large tack room, state of art fan system, extra ventilation, freeze proof waterer in each stall, feed room, storage room, vet area with sink and refrigerator, and custom made stocks for breeding, etc., wash rack, large office with mini kitchen, large covered area connected to horse barn next to outdoor arena for saddling prepping, etc., outdoor arena, round pen.
• Digital Scales
• Overhead feed bins
• Hay and feed storage building
• Nice shop with overhead crane, parts storage, large general storage, office, kitchen and bath.
• Headquarters has a good set of working corrals made of pipe rails and solid metal panels in lanes for safe, easy working of calves. Hydraulic chute, working area is covered.
• 2nd set of working pens in the SW area of ranch
• Small metal pens in north central area of ranch.
• Equipment shed
Water: The ranch has an abundance of water with average annual rainfall of 38" and numerous drilled wells. Blue River and West Little Blue Creek, known for its crystal clear blue water, run from north to south through the ranch. There are 20+ pastures with at least 1-2 ponds in each pasture and many miles of underground water lines with water tanks in most pastures. The Arbuckle Aquifer is the 2nd largest aquifer in the United States and runs under Blue River Ranch. The seller owns approximately 900 acres of water rights and will convey them all to the buyer at closing.
Terrain: The ranch runs from 900+ acres of river bottomland, that has hundreds of Pecan trees, to rolling limestone hills where it excels in its native grasses; enough timber for shade and shelter for the livestock and excellent habitat for its abundance of deer, turkey, quail and some
Minerals: Owner has approximately 25% of the Minerals and will convey all at closing.
Fences: The seller has built miles of new fences on this ranch consisting of pipe corners, 5 strands of good American barbwire and tee post with metal gates and cattle guards throughout the ranch.
Grasses: This ranch has many varieties of grasses including the most famous native grasses in Oklahoma, Big Bluestem, Little Bluestem, Indian and Switch grass, along with several other varieties of native grasses. Approximately 900 acres of Bermuda grass bottomland, with a variety of clovers, are used for hay meadows. But the greatest asset to the forage is the limestone on the ranch, which produces very strong grasses; cattle will definitely get fat on this ranch.
Game: The game on Blue River has been well managed for several years. They harvest approximately 50-75 does per year and 15 to 20 bucks per year. The doe to buck ratio is presently 2.8 which ideally would be 1 buck to 2 does for this area. They have harvested numerous 140-150 class bucks - some 160-170s', one buck that scored 179. The Game Manager reported seeing a few 170+ bucks currently on the ranch, lots of turkey, squirrel and some wild hogs and quail.
The present owner has not allowed the ranch to be commercially hunted for the past 5 years.
Tax Data (Show Tax Data)
Tax data is not available for this listing.
Contact the Agent for more information.
Other Land for Sale in Johnston County
NOTE: The information contained herein is provided as general information only and has been obtained from sources deemed reliable. It is provided without any guaranty, warranty or representation, expressed or implied, made by Lands of America, or any related entity, as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. The information is presented subject to errors, omissions, change of price or conditions, prior sale or withdrawal without notice. Prospective purchasers should make their own investigations, projections and conclusions concerning the information.